Saturday, December 18, 2010

Harry Potter Earrings and R2D2 Beanie

It's been awhile since I last posted (of course) and I have made a few things since then. Some of which I don't have pics yet, but some I have already posted on craftster and figured I should post here.

First are some earrings I made for my friends for the midnight showing of Deathly Hallows Part 1. My one friend went as Luna Lovegood and my other friend just wanted some thunderbolt earrings.

with flash
Photobucket

without flash
Photobucket

with flash
Photobucket

without flash
Photobucket

They're all crocheted out of embroidery floss with a teeny tiny hook. I have my notes somewhere and will probably type up a quick pattern and post it on here sometime. I also dressed up as Hedwig for the premiere and made my costume which I will be posting on here soon as I stop being lazy, haha.

I also have some pics of an R2D2 beanie I made for my roommate for what will be a late Christmas present.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I tried to get a good picture that shows how the projector part actually sticks out :) Here's some pics of it on an actual person's head. Pardon me covering up my face. I've found that it's pretty much impossible to take a close up picture of your head from above without looking like a complete doof.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Again, it's all my own pattern which I will eventually type up and post. I'm still trying to get this hat thing down well considering I've made hats for myself that were too big and too small, but this should (hopefully) fit her head!

Comments always welcome! Now I'm going to get to finishing up Yoshi. I am actually decently close to being done. My goal is to finish him up over break. We'll see if that happens!

-Erin

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I love your Harry Potter earrings! I was wondering if you would be willing to send me the pattern for the lightning bolts. My friend's birthday is right before the premiere of the last movie, she would love those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First: sorry about the late response, I don't have internet where I am so I'm rarely on here. I actually don't know where the pattern went but it was really simple. I just made a decently long chain to start. I gradually increased from sc to hdc to dc as I went from the bottom to the top. I increased to make the bend go one way and decreased by skipping a couple stitches and doing a sc dec or hd/dc depending on what part of the lightning bolt it was in. I think I also did another row in sc only and followed the bends by increasing and decreasing centered in the same spots as before.

    Hopefully that helps somewhat at least!

    ReplyDelete